Do you know:
- There are 343 Unicorns with cumulative valuation of close to USD 1.14K billion
- US contributes close to 50% from these 343 unicorns, with China contributing 26%, India 5% and UK 5%. That makes the total 86%.
- China, India, South Korea, and Indonesia are top 4 emerging countries for unicorn clubs apart from US?
- Internet Software & Services, Fintech, Biotech, Gaming and TravelTech are emerging industries of Unicorns?
- In last 3 months (as of today April 29, 2019), 25 companies have become Unicorn. Two of them are from India.
From India, the companies are: Delhivery and Dream11.
Stats last updated: April 29, 2019
A unicorn is a privately held company with valuation of more than $1B (USD 1 billion).
How were we able to get this kind of analysis from the Unicorn list? We created an interactive report using Power BI, and performed analysis to understand Unicorn trends from multiple dimensions.
- Overall Unicorn Summary with year wise trends
- Understand Investors Cohort by valuation ($B) of the companies they invested in
- Understand overall unicorn companies distribution by geography and industry
- Understand emerging trends by analyzing the companies joining the list in last 1 year
- Which industry/country is going to take over in future?
Please head to our Power BI report that we have hosted for detailed analysis. Play with it and let us know what you think about it.
The report has three main tabs. 1) Unicorn Club Summary 2) Unicorn List 3) Unicorn List Drillthrough
Unicorn Club Summary:
The report also provides you drill-through capabilities. Ex: if you want to see which companies from China have joined the Unicorn list in last one year, right click on “China” on the visual “From countries (top 5 based on valuation)”, click on “Drillthrough” and select report “Unicorn List Drillthrough”. This will open another report with all the filters applied.
The filtered drill-through report.
Unicorn Club List
View the entire Unicorn list with Industry, Country and Date Joined filter. From Date Joined filter you can select relative dates, ex: Last 1 month will give list of unicorns that joined the list in the last 1 month.
What other interesting insights did you find from our report?
Note: The data for the Global Unicorn list has been taken from CB Insights. For Raw data, please head to their website.